[armedbear-devel] Idea to fix ticket 79: identical uninterned symbols coalesced in fasl

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun May 2 07:38:16 UTC 2010

Hi Alan,

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Alan Ruttenberg
<alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, I liked the idea of the terseness of the dispatch macro. That's all.
>

> What if some user similarly likes it? Can what your propose interfere
> with a legal use extension?

This would happen in a separate readtable (one which is never bound to
*readtable*), which is indeed past any compile-time macro processing.
User-defined :load-toplevel switching of readtables will also still be
supported.

I guess that is the more technical variant of Tobias' answer.