[armedbear-devel] Running "ant test.abcl": Pathname error

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat May 1 12:25:01 UTC 2010

On 5/1/10 8:26 AM, Mark Evenson wrote:
> On 4/30/10 8:26 PM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>

>> Today I tried to run ABCL's tests on Windows. I seem to have an issue,
>> either with the new ASDF stuff, or with the new Pathname stuff. I'm
>> not sure which, but hopefully you do. This is the output I get from
>> "ant test.abcl" on Windows:
>>
>>        [java]   Error while trying to load definition for system abcl
>> from pathname C:\Users\Erik\Documents\abcl-j\abcl.asd:
>>    Pathname has no namestring: #P(:DEVICE "C" :DIRECTORY (:ABSOLUTE
>> "Users" "Erik" "Documents" "abcl-j") :NAME "abcl-test-lisp" :TYPE
>> "asd.lnk" :VERSION :NEWEST)
>>        [java] Java Result: 2
>>        [echo] Finished recording test output in abcl-test-20101530-1515.log.
>>

>> While I'm not asking you to fix it, could you indicate where I should
>> start looking?

After further analysis, the problem reported by Erik is not related to
the issue that Carlos is looking at solving.  Under win32, ASDF2 is
trying to make a Pathname that contains a TYPE whose value is "asd.lnk"
to work with Windows shortcuts.  ABCL asserts that TYPE cannot have a
'.' character in it on an attempt to return a namestring.

When I get the time, I planning on relaxing the constraint that a
namestring will not be returned under Windows if the TYPE string ends
with ".lnk", and then test the code dealing with Windows shortcuts.