[armedbear-devel] Running "ant test.abcl": Pathname error

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat May 1 06:26:47 UTC 2010

On 4/30/10 8:26 PM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

> Today I tried to run ABCL's tests on Windows. I seem to have an issue,
> either with the new ASDF stuff, or with the new Pathname stuff. I'm
> not sure which, but hopefully you do. This is the output I get from
> "ant test.abcl" on Windows:
>
>       [java]   Error while trying to load definition for system abcl
> from pathname C:\Users\Erik\Documents\abcl-j\abcl.asd:
>   Pathname has no namestring: #P(:DEVICE "C" :DIRECTORY (:ABSOLUTE
> "Users" "Erik" "Documents" "abcl-j") :NAME "abcl-test-lisp" :TYPE
> "asd.lnk" :VERSION :NEWEST)
>       [java] Java Result: 2
>       [echo] Finished recording test output in abcl-test-20101530-1515.log.
>

> While I'm not asking you to fix it, could you indicate where I should
> start looking?

Carlos Ungil's mail to <armedbear-develop@…> of 04.30.2010 diagnoses
this as a problem with the pathname translation function, he suggests:

> Is there a reason why the pathname has to start with "/:"? I changed it to
> #P"/jar:file/**.*" (and made a similar change inside translate-jar-pathname,
> from "/:jar:file/" to "/jar:file/"). This seems to work on both macosx
> and windows
> (at least I can load asdf systems).

There is no reason that I can remember that I coded it that way:  I just
needed an intermediate path to match via the TRANSLATE-JAR-PATHNAME
function.  If his suggestion works, we should patch ASDF as included in
ABCL for 0.20, and then propagate the patch back to ASDF2 when we get a
chance.

[Apologies: time to work on ABCL has been real short this week, so I'm
at least trying to respond to accumulated email.]