[armedbear-devel] jar pathnames should be :ABSOLUTE

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:58:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Alan Ruttenberg
<alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> ps. I think I'm losing on the jar combination thing. It looks like
> (still need to confirm this) that there are classes called EDU.xxxx as
> well as ones called "edu.yyyy". These get smushed together into one
> "edu" directory because of OS X default case-insensitive file system,
> and when jarred back together one of them loses. Sigh. Might have to
> take another approach :(. Hmm, wonder if I can create a case sensitive
> disk image on the fly. Or maybe jarjar
> (http://code.google.com/p/jarjar/) is the thing to use...

FWIW, the approach of using the case-sensitive disk image to unjar to
does indeed work. I might still look into jarjar, as it would be nice
to have something that didn't depend on running in os x to work.

There has been discussion in the past about implementing save-image,
which is hard. However, having a function that creates a single jar,
arranging to include all your compiled files and reload them on start
would be a nice step towards that goal. I'll keep y'all informed of my
progress.

-Alan