[armedbear-devel] Maxima status: Can't compile due to i18n changes

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 09:52:09 UTC 2010

Dear Robert, Maxima developers,

>From time to time, I check ABCL's status with Maxima. Today I updated
to the latest, but found that I can't compile anymore. The issue is
with intl.lisp: the defvar form defining *default-domain* contains an
_N reader macro, which expands into multiple symbols on ABCL: This is
what I found after expansion:

--- fasl content
(DEFVAR *DEFAULT-DOMAIN* "maxima" NIL "The message-lookup domain used
  Use (INTL:TEXTDOMAIN \"whatever\") in each source file to set this.")
--- fasl content

As you see, there's an additional NIL there. I'm hoping to work out
together with you what's going on here, as support for Maxima is one
of the important items on the list of ABCL developers.

With kind regards,

ABCL developer

More information about the armedbear-devel mailing list