[armedbear-devel] r12524: loading ABCL via OSGi

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Mar 11 16:02:11 UTC 2010

On Mar 11, 2010, at 11:40 AM, Mark Evenson wrote:

[…]

> Attached is an untested patch that takes a stab at fixing the problem
> of loading ABCL from an OSGi loader like that present in Protege.
> It's going to take me a bit of time to get to a place where I can
> test this, so maybe someone else with a working Protege development
> environment could at least tell me if it either works (yay!), looks
> promising (heh!), or just fails (boo!).

Upon testing the patch turned out to be somewhere between "heh!"
and "boo!", but ofter a bit of wrestling with Eclipse  I have
[committed to ABCL trunk a patchset that allows ABCL to load in an
OSGi context][r12524].  Unfortunately, the patch only works for
Lisp that is loaded by LOAD-SYSTEM-FILE, so I fear that unless one
can address loadable code via "jar:URL" type Pathnames this isn't
going to be terribly useful as an extension mechanism.  But we're
better than yesterday, huh?

[r12524]: http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/detail?r=a3cb85eb8ed09c39eb83ad7fa7b6a26cd2a35d5e#

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but
there is nothing to compare to it now."