[armedbear-devel] class-prototype

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 20:12:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Blake McBride <blake at mcbride.name> wrote:

> (slot-value (make-instance 'class1) 'cv2)
>
> creates an instance.

Sure, but (slot-value (mop::class-prototype (find-class 'class1))
'cv2) does not and still fails with a slot-missing error, which was my
point.

> He wanted access to a true class variable,

no, he wanted to "access class-allocated slot values" in his own
words. This, in the context of CL, can only mean slots with
:allocation :class.

> stored in the class (class1) that was accessible via a class
> reference.  If that's what he wanted, that's exactly what my code
> does.
>
> My example code does store cv? in class1, not the meta-class.

It's perfectly fine, but cv? are not class-allocated slots, at least
not as the CL standard defines them.

Alessio