[armedbear-devel] Implementation of SYS:SRC and SYS:JAVA

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Mar 3 15:58:30 UTC 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 4:51 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:

> Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> writes:
>
>> On Mar 3, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
>>

>>> Could ABCL set up a #P"SRC:", or #P"SYS:SRC:" logical pathname to the
>>> source directory that was used for the build?
>>

>> I've committed an implementation of logical pathname translations for SYS:SRC and SYS:JAVA [in r12514][1].
>> SYS:SRC translates to the root of the Lisp files, while SYS:JAVA translates to the root of the Java tree.
>>
>> [1]: http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/detail?r=c5003c8270fb300241aacac1f2032d4348c81c50#
>
> CL-USER(1): (probe-file #P"SYS:SRC")
> Debugger invoked on condition of type FILE-ERROR:
>  No translation for ~S
> Restarts:
>  0: TOP-LEVEL Return to top level.

Yeah, but

 (translate-logical-pathname "SYS:SRC;boot.lisp")

works, right?

As far as I understand logical pathnames (admittedly not a huge distance), your form shouldn't work, as (probe-file #p"SYS:SRC") fails on SBCL.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."