[armedbear-devel] jinterface-implementation

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:16:48 UTC 2010

2010/6/10 Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to implement two interfaces in one object?
>
> java.lang.reflect.Proxy surely allows it. Whether this is supported by
> abcl or not is another matter. I will investigate.

Unfortunately, neither jinterface-implementation nor jmake-proxy
currently supports this. It would not be hard to add, however, we
probably need to choose one proxy-maker to keep and which one to
deprecate/eliminate first. I sponsor jmake-proxy obviously, because I
wrote it and because it's more flexible - you can build a proxy out of
a hash-table of closures, a package, a function, or even a
user-defined object if you want, and you have the option to provide a
"lisp-this" object to dispatch on, as initially suggested by Ville.
Also, jmake-proxy is currently used by the jsr-223 stuff to implement
the getInterface() method. But, I'm open to other opinions of course.

Alessio