[armedbear-devel] r12666 breaks ASDF compilation on Linux

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:51:02 UTC 2010

2010/6/2 Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com>:
> On 6/1/10 9:50 PM, Knut Olav Bøhmer wrote:
>>
>> Is there any workaround for this?
>>

> You got a patch for my wrist?  ;}
>
> But seriously, I think disabling the JAR output translation by removing the
> reference(s) in ASDF:*OUTPUT-TRASLATIONS* with something like
>
> (setf asdf:*output-translations (list (remove
> #P"/___jar___file___root___/**/*.*" (first *output-translations*) :key #'car
> :test #'equal))
>
> would work.
>
> Alessio:  snow-0.3 fails to compile with 'sys:variable-information' not
> being found in 'snow.lisp', so I can't reproduce your error.  Maybe you need
> a new release from Snow trunk?

You're right: Snow 0.3 was still supposed to build with a patched
abcl, while trunk is not. However, I found out that the asdf problem
is only in the binary release of ABCL downloaded from the site, while
if I compile 0.20 myself it works, so r12666 is not the culprit. Since
you cited a Windows pathname, and I think Erik built those binaries on
Windows, is it possible that ASDF builds differently depending on the
OS, so that the resulting binary only works on that OS?

Cheers,
Alessio