[armedbear-devel] #P serialization across Windows/non-Windows

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Jul 4 08:02:36 UTC 2010

The (revised, tested, working) attached patch solves the cross-platform
Pathname serialization problem by eliminating the output of '\'
characters in namestrings as they are all now interpreted and converted
to '/' regardless of platform.

1.  UNC paths now have problems.  My proposal would be that UNC paths
always use the "unprintable namestring" representation when I figure out
what that should be like

2.  No convenience function to convert a namestring to Windows '\'
forms.  Since Windows accepts '/' as a directory separator is this
really necessary?