[armedbear-devel] [20100128] JAR file support patches

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 19:58:49 UTC 2010

Hi.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Ville Voutilainen
<ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/28 Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com>:
>> Can either you or Erik provide me with a before/after scenario that led
>> Erik to code ZipCache as it stands?  There seems to be little subjective
>
> Erik did the zipcache code based on his measurements, so he knows best.

The ZipCache was introduced to reduce the time required to load zipped
.abcl files (the ones which are not embedded inside any other type of
archive). The effect was established using a profiler; I'm not sure if
it was measurable by just starting up the abcl executable.

HTH,