[armedbear-devel] ABCL OpenOffice.org Extension

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 19:41:24 UTC 2010

2010/1/28 Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make lisp the preferred way of developing openoffice.org
> extensions, but I have to much problems with the java part.
>
> I have been able to make an extension for openoffice.org using an
> openoffice.org plugin for eclipse. Now, I have to figure out how to embed it
> with ABCL.
> I would be very happy if some one could help me by giving me some hints or
> even a step by step procedure to import abcl into the eclipse project.

Hi,
I can give you some hints, but keep in mind that I don't know anything
about openoffice.org extensions.

To import abcl in your eclipse project, you just have to add abcl to
the project's "build path". What I usually do is to create a directory
inside the project (at the same level of the src directory), say
"lib", and copy there the libraries I need (in your case, just the
abcl.jar file). Then, you can right-click on the .jars in Eclipse and
choose Build Path -> Add to Build Path from the menu. If you want to
explore other options, you can right-click on the project and choose
"Build Path" -> configure build path.

> The first thing I want to do is to be able to load lisp files from the
> openoffice.org basic interface. Then I'll extend it to be able to start
> swank and run expressions from strings.

For some pointers on how to call ABCL from Java, you can have a look
at the project wiki (specifically here:
http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/wiki/JavaScriptingAPI) and at
the examples on SVN
(http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/browser/trunk/abcl/examples).