[armedbear-devel] ABCL.TEST.LISP notes

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jan 26 12:08:20 UTC 2010

With [svn r12402][1], I've gotten the ABCL Lisp tests to a point that I
am much happier with the interface.

the Ant targets now utilize this, but here are some quick notes for
invoking the tests from an ABCL REPL:

I currently have overloaded the 'abcl.asd' with definitions for many
subsystems, which works will if you symlink this file to
'abcl-test-lisp.asd', then

	CL-USER> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :abcl-test-lisp)

will load the tests.

Now you can use ASDF to run all the tests

	CL-USER> (asdf:operate 'asdf:test-op :abcl-test-lisp)

or, once the tests have been loaded, there is a convenience function
ABCL.TEST.LISP:RUN-MATCHING that will run a subset of the tests

	CL-USER) (abcl.test.lisp:run-matching "jar-file")

will run all tests which have the string "jar-file" in their name.
Reporting here isn't the best yet as this only currently reports errors,
so if you get a NIL, it means all the tests you specified succeeded.

[1]:
http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/detail?r=bf9aa23d2841d77ae760058836d2883c408c9cc0#