[armedbear-devel] Updated JAR file support patches

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jan 26 11:50:41 UTC 2010

On 1/24/10 4:14 PM, Mark Evenson wrote:
[…]
 > Once I get things tested under Windows, and play around with
> the loading from http support, I intend to commit to trunk.

I've now relased an [updated patchset against trunk][1] that passes all
tests under Windows.

In order to get the Windows tests to work, you'll need an post [svn
r2402][2] version of SVN trunk.

Things I am still not entirely happy with

1)  Unfortunately there are a lot of dangling references to open files
in the code that will never be properly closed until ABCL exits.  Since
we are only reading files, this isn't too tragic, but under Windows with
that q#*$Q(*! behavior of preventing files from being deleted if
*anyone* has an open handle, can, for example, prevent a FASL from being
recompiled.

2)  I need to restabish the use of ZipCache, but I'm not sure it fits.
It might help with tracking down problems to 1)

[1]: http://slack.net/~evenson/abcl/jar-file/abcl-jar-file-20100126.patch

[2]:
http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/detail?r=bf9aa23d2841d77ae760058836d2883c408c9cc0#