[armedbear-devel] Some thoughts on designing programmatic access to the CLASSPATH from Lisp

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:08:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> […]
> Another subtlety to consider later is that JAR manifests [can apparently
> modify the classpath for sources loaded from that JAR][1].  Not sure
> what this would mean at the moment.

Commenting just on this point for now: we don't need to worry about
that as it is just a facility used by the JVM to make launching
applications easier: when you do java -jar some.jar the manifest in
some.jar (and only in some.jar) is consulted to determine the
classpath, i.e. the command is equivalent to java -cp
some.jar;...additional.jars... com.foo.whatever.Main

Bye, Ale