[armedbear-devel] new jcall / jar:file: path functions

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:21:36 UTC 2010

> Kind of curious: Why are you not just using the jsint implementation?

Well, one reason being that their implemetation requires a call to
setAccessible() which is defined to be allowed to raise a security
exception. The method Alessio implemented (and I figured out long ago
in order to implement USOCKET on ABCL) doesn't have that drawback.
When this strategy can't work, well, I guess we'll need to revisit and
go the security exception route.

> It's been in use for quite a while and it would certainly make my life
> easier to be able to continue to use that interface. For example, I
> use their findMethod implementation to get a method so I can optimize
> certain loops by avoiding dynamic lookup each time.

Right. We want to start doing caching like that too, based on the
object class, method name and the argument classes. That would be what
you need, right?