[armedbear-devel] Spurious errors about redefinitions

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jan 5 21:53:24 UTC 2010

Since Erik's autoload patches of about a week ago hit the tree that
started to optimize the FASL loading, I see a lot of spurious errors
about redefining symbols like the following when loading SLIME:

STYLE-WARNING: redefining SWANK::%MAKE-FUZZY-MATCHING in
#P"/Users/evenson/work/slime/contrib/swank-fuzzy.lisp" (previously
defined in NIL)
STYLE-WARNING: redefining SWANK::FUZZY-MATCHING-P in
#P"/Users/evenson/work/slime/contrib/swank-fuzzy.lisp" (previously
defined in NIL)
STYLE-WARNING: redefining SWANK::FUZZY-MATCHING.SYMBOL in
#P"/Users/evenson/work/slime/contrib/swank-fuzzy.lisp" (previously
defined in NIL)
STYLE-WARNING: redefining SWANK::FUZZY-MATCHING.PACKAGE-NAME in
#P"/Users/evenson/work/slime/contrib/swank-fuzzy.lisp" (previously
defined in NIL)

I thought this was taken care of with [svn 12324][1], but this doesn't
seem to be the case.  I haven't yet been able to isolate the behavior
yet, but if someone knows a quick fix, that would be great.

[1]:
http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/detail?r=ad17b2b2733ee96086fbd88d029101c12f6dfc18