[armedbear-devel] Tip: asterisks in classpaths

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Tue Jan 5 01:11:12 UTC 2010

Java 6 has a feature that can help with plugging external JARs into ABCL: If the classpath includes an asterisk, all JARs in the given directory are added. For example, I've created the directory ~/local/abcl for my ABCL installation that includes abcl.jar plus any other JARs I want to use. Then the following command automatically adds everything in that directory to the classpath and starts ABCL:

> exec java -cp "$HOME/local/abcl/*" \
>   org.armedbear.lisp.Main \
>   "$@"

(The "exec" can probably be omitted)