[armedbear-devel] Changes to CHANGES

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Feb 25 17:35:38 UTC 2010

On 2/24/10 5:25 PM, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On 24 February 2010 17:55, Mark Evenson<evenson at panix.com>  wrote:
>> Everything seems to work, but I notice that I seem to have 35 failing ANSI compiled tests, whereas I though we only should have 34.
>> N.B. We should really mark the expected failures because chasing the set differences of these failure lists always gives me headaches for what should>be a simple task.
>
> It's not so difficult to compare failure lists. Dump the ansi test
> results into files and diff.

Explicitly marking which tests are expected to fail has the property
that one doesn't have to compare anything with anything.  Checking the
tests would then provide immediate, unmistakable feedback.

I wrote the attached utility based on SET-DIFFENCE to parse and report
on a simple s-expr based database of test results, and I have also
attached the tests results I have collected over the last day.  These
results now contradict my earlier email, showing:

   CL-USER> (difference 'compileit 'r12506 '0.18.0)
   R12506: 34 failures
   NIL
   0.18.0: 35 failures
   (MAKE-BROADCAST-STREAM.8)
   NIL
   CL-USER> (difference 'doit 'r12506 '0.18.0)
   R12506: 33 failures
   NIL
   0.18.0: 34 failures
   (MAKE-BROADCAST-STREAM.8)

which shows we actually improved our coverage in this development cycle
(Ville fixed MAKE-BROADCAST-STREAM.8 in r12397).

> INVOKE-DEBUGGER.1 and WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX.23 shouldn't be there - they
> didn't fail in my baseline test (taken on 0.18 release) and they
> didn't fail the last time I ran
> the tests on trunk.

My testing shows that the WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX.23 has been present
since 0.18.0.  Perhaps this is an OSX specific thing?  I'll test that
out next.