[armedbear-devel] Changes to CHANGES

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:09:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> 1)  Alessio's recent work on lambda inlining.  In my opinion we have to address the bug Alan Ruttenberg has found or backout these changes before release.

I've been silent on the issue, but that doesn't mean I'm not working on it :)
I still haven't been able to find out what's wrong, but there's a
potential clue. My changes break one ANSI test, apparently because I
do a copy-tree I shouldn't do. (without the copy-tree the compiler
crashed, so I need to pinpoint exactly what and when to copy). That
may be unrelated with Alan's bug, but nevertheless I'll try to fix it.
I have the feeling, not backed out by actual evidence, that Alan's bug
is related only to the runtime compiler, which somewhat suggests that
that copy-tree might have something to do with it as well.
So, stay tuned. And in case I don't solve it in time for the release,
no problem - it's easy to disable the optimization without reverting
anything.

Bye,
Alessio