[armedbear-devel] commit r12491

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 00:26:14 UTC 2010

I object to this patch. We have previously rejected code that
sprinkles jnews and jcalls all over directory.java. I believe
the proper way to introduce jar support for DIRECTORY would be to do
it in the list-directory primitive in Pathname.java.
At any rate, if we don't want that and want to do the jar logic in
directory.lisp, then fine, add whatever primitives you
need for the bare minimum, but _don't_ implement it as lisp code that
only calls java code. That makes no sense (*).

(*) Yes, it may make sense for user code that has to call java. I
don't, however, think it makes sense for abcl internals,
or namely directory.lisp. It looks ugly as sin, and it prevents using
the code in non-java environments, if such ever arrive.
We have a design where lisp code calls primitives that provide the
bare minimum support from the java side, I think
we should stick to that design.