[armedbear-devel] how to debug?

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 01:53:56 UTC 2010

> I got rid of the lambdas::gnnn symbols, because using them as in the
> code you posted gives unbound variables errors. Since the symbol names
> are the same between a variable declaration in the lambda list and its
> use, I guess those are intended to be the same symbol even if for
> mysterious reasons they get printed differently (maybe your
> print-object method has something to do with it - I didn't quite get
> it).

The structure the compiler generates for a variable is a big hairball.
Printing it without that method caused my lisp to stack overflow :) So
I reached in and grabbed the variable.
But I realized that in one case the printing included packages and in
another didn't hence the mismatch.
One thing that looked wierd was the beginning:

transforming ((lambda (g172 &rest g173)
               (invoke-restargs replaceAll
                                lambdas::g172
                                #:temp13766
                                nil))

That #:temp13766 should be g173. But perhaps I'm seeing some compiler
thing that I don't understand.

You need to run bin/abcl, rather than cd bin; ./abcl.

-Alan