[armedbear-devel] ABCL -r12424 fails ANSI-TESTS with ClassCastException

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Feb 7 09:30:12 UTC 2010

On 2/7/10 3:38 AM, dmiles at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> FYI:
> Test COMPILE-FILE.18 failed

Fixed in r12426 which isn't really going to be testable on trunk until
we fix/undo the problems with r12425 METACLASS work.

The failure with COMPILE-FILE.18 occured because as an optimization, I
had introduced the restriction that packed FASLs had to end in ".abcl"
which turns out to be a bad idea.

[…]
> "/development/ABCL/ansi-tests/compile-file-test-file.abcl"
>   COMPILE-FILE.20 COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME.1 COMPILE-FILE-TRUENAME.1
>   COMPILE-FILE.ERROR.1 COMPILE-FILE.ERROR.2 LOAD.1 LOAD.2
> 309.52 seconds real time
> 302546363 cons cells
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.armedbear.lisp.Nil cannot be cast to
> org.armedbear.lisp.Pathname
[…]

However, I don't get this ClassCastException at all, so there may be
another problem here.  If you had done an incremental compilation of
ABCL, you might want to try rebuilding from scratch.