[armedbear-devel] JAR file support patches 20100205 RC

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Feb 5 13:43:23 UTC 2010

The [first release candidate of the JAR file support patches][1] are now
available.

[1]: http://slack.net/~evenson/abcl/jar-file/

Notable changes in this version:

o  The ASDF:LOAD-JUST-FASLS-OP has been replaced by the use of the
normal ASDF:LOAD-OP verb for loading from JAR files.  Now if the output
file location of ASDF's compilation phase would be a JAR file, the
compilation is simply skipped.

o  Loading from network JARs now works

o  Use of JAR pathnames in OPEN now signals an error.  The dependency of
ABCL's streams on java.io.File looks too strong to easily graft my
changes in at this point, so I'd rather get the current code in rather
than waiting even longer by adding new features.

I'm pretty happy with this version having cleaned up numerous  bugs so I
intend to commit it to the trunk unless there are vocal objections in
the next few days.