[armedbear-devel] Lisp / Java interface utilities and examples

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:14:13 UTC 2010

2010/1/30 Blake McBride <blake at mcbride.name>:
> Greetings,
> Enclosed are the completed Lisp and Java utilities designed to make Lisp /
> Java interaction easier.  It also includes an example / tutorial program.
> If it is appropriate, I'd like to have these added as one of the ABCL
> examples in the distribution.  Also, if it is advantageous, perhaps we can
> move the Lisp and Java utilities to be part of ABCL.

Looks good. I think the ABCL java class could benefit from a setter for the
interpreter, and a getter, so that you could use it as a decorator. Wherever
an instance of Interpreter is created, I think it's better to allow
people to use
that instance for other things Interpreter is capable of. I'd add the
possibility
to have per-ABCL-instance Interpreters, as well as the option of having a
class instance.

The utils.lisp stuff looks like it could well be added to our
java.lisp, probably
slightly tweaking the function names to follow the normal java.lisp conventions.

Would you like to do such tweaks, or should I? :)

Alessio, this is your familiar playground, any comments on these utils?