[armedbear-devel] abcl-0.24.0 (was Re: Release time?)

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 17:51:47 UTC 2010

On 31 December 2010 19:41, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> A MUST-FIX for abcl-0.24.0 for me would be [making the compiler correct
> for stack inconsistencies in Alexandria-CURRENT][1].  I have already
> corrected to the fallback to interpreted version in DEFUN, so I'll just
> add code to do the same for top level forms as well.  Unless someone is
> going to fix the compiler for the release?

I think it would be healthy to block the release until such stack problems are
corrected. We should be able to notice such stack inconsistencies if patches
are tested according to the proposed process we have in place (including
running the ansi-tests). Continuing to push in stack-consistency-breaking
changes and falling back to interpreter when release pressure arises doesn't
sound all that sane to me.