[armedbear-devel] Environment not found

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Sat Dec 11 00:36:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Ville Voutilainen
<ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 November 2010 03:53, Gabriel Dos Reis
> <gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
>>> Furthermore, --eval does not print the result of evaluation.  For
>>> example, trying
>>>     abcl --noinform --batch --eval '(lisp-implementation-version)'
>
> Fix committed as r13090 on trunk. Please check that it fixes the
> problems with --batch/--eval.
> Note that currently merely doing --eval
> '(lisp-implementation-version)' doesn't print anything
> on the standard output, as (lisp-implementation-version) just returns
> a string. I have so
> far chosen not to make --batch mode print evaluation results
> automatically, so if you want to print
> something on stdout in batch mode, use FORMAT.

Ville --
Thanks for looking into this.

With the new version, when I do

   echo '(format nil "version=~a" (lisp-implementation-version))' |
./abcl --noinform

I get something on the standard as expected.
However, if I add --batch then nothing is printed -- i.e. when using FORMAT.

If I do

  echo '(prog  (format nil "version=~a" (lisp-implementation-version))
(quit))' | ./abcl

only the prompt is printed, not the result.

-- Gaby