[armedbear-devel] Patch for ABCL against BORDEAUX-THREADS-0.8.0

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Dec 4 20:38:52 UTC 2010

On 12/3/10 4:56 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:

>> Implement CONDITION-WAIT and CONDITION-NOTIFY for ABCL.
>
> That version of CONDITION-WAIT won't work properly:

Indeed it won't:  thanks for the comments, and the kick in the butt.

After studying the needed abstractions in more detail I've
[reimplemented most of the BORDEAUX-THREADS interfaces for ABCL based on
the java.util.concurrent.ReentrantLock][1].  This code should now
correctly implement the POSIX-style condition variables, the recursively
held locks, and the form of lock acquisition that returns immediately.

Please consider the referenced patch for inclusion in BORDEAUX-THREADS.

[1]:
http://slack.net/~evenson/abcl/hunchentoot/bordeaux-threads-abcl-20101204a.diff