[armedbear-devel] debug stack overflow? (to track down regression)

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:40:32 UTC 2010

Hi Alan,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Alan Ruttenberg
<alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This (a call in my LSW system) used to work for me and is now failing
> in trunk. However I don't seem to have anything to go on in the stack
> trace. Any suggestions?

Right. What you're seeing is expected: the stack gets unwound before
raising this error, because there's no room left on the stack to
actually handle it. It's a bit unfortunate.

What I do to work on stuff like this is to make sure I get visual
feedback (printf) to see where in the file the error might occur. I'm
not sure if I can come up with anything else.