[armedbear-devel] encoding bug in Stream.readPreservingWhitespace (classpath)

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Sun Apr 25 22:04:11 UTC 2010

  >> which seems likely to be related to this problem. If I print
  >> the offending character in DecodingReader.unread() it looks like a
  >> #\space. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

  eh> Do you have any idea if the character you were trying to read is
  eh> outside of the BMP (a so-called Supplemental character; with a code
  eh> point > #xFFFF)? If that's the case, then you certainly did hit that
  eh> bug.

  The offending character seems to be a #\newline character. From what
  I've understood from looking at DecodingReader.java, this may be a
  classpath bug rather than an ABCL bug.

--
Eric Marsden