[armedbear-devel] loading stale fasls

David Kirkman dkirkman at ucsd.edu
Sat Apr 24 21:05:41 UTC 2010

While trying to come up with reproducible thread errors this morning,
I ran into trouble with abcl loading stale fasls.  e.g., If I change a
lisp file, and don't recompile it (load "foo") will load "foo.abcl"
and not the more recent "foo.lisp".

I think that Load.java (line 91) is not doing (what I think) it's
supposed to:

             if (abclLastModified > lispLastModified) {
                  return lispPathname;
              } else {
                  return abclPathname;
              }

I think we need to switcheroo lispPathname and abclPathname.  At least
that makes abcl behave the way that I expect!  If that's the way it's
supposed to work, here is a patch.

-david