[armedbear-devel] Expecting to find integer on stack

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Apr 19 04:42:24 UTC 2010

On 4/19/10 3:23 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Not even sure where to begin to try to help you with this...
> This is with a just checked out abcl.
> -Alan
>
> Exception in thread "interpreter" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/armedbear/lisp/patmatch_19, method: execute signature:
> (Lorg/armedbear/lisp/LispObject;Lorg/armedbear/lisp/LispObject;Lorg/armedbear/lisp/LispObject;)Lorg/armedbear/lisp/LispObject;)
> Expecting to find integer on stack
[…]

Is giving more information on reproducing this possible?

Recently (r12620,r12622), to support the incorporation of ASDF2 I added
code that falls back to use the interpreted version of functions that
cannot be compiled (see ticket #89).  The verify error you are getting
looks like what would happen if you try to execute one of these badly
compiled functions (previously ABCL would warn about stack
inconsistency, but allow the compilation to succeed as a computation).

I would suggest trying to recompile ABCL from scratch if the error is
occuring in the build, and trying to remove all intermediate FASLs if
that isn't the case.