[armedbear-devel] Consolidating copy/paste code

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Apr 15 11:28:59 UTC 2010

On 4/15/10 1:13 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> Erik Huelsmann<ehuels at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Do you feel like contributing more, but you don't have any idea where
>> to start? You might want to have a look at ticket 88; it's a change to
>> provide ABCL with primitives for SLIME to use to find the right source
>> code. There's a comment in the ticket explaining my direction of
>> thoughts. If that's not enough, we can discuss on the list, here.
>
> Here's what to do afterwards (perhaps my Mark):
>
>    * change the build process to create a TAGS file if not already done.

The target 'TAGS' already creates a TAGS file, so this is done.

>    * set up logical pathname translations to easily find the source
>      directory, and hence the TAGS file.

There is a logical pathname translation for the Java src as SYS:JAVA
pointing to the root of Java source tree, and SYS:SRC pointing to the
Lisp source.  See 'system.lisp' as generated by the build system.

Tobias made some detailed notes for suggestions concerning the
modernization of the source location system.  Is it ok if I add these
directly to ticket #88 Tobias?