[armedbear-devel] Some thoughts on classloaders, ...

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Sep 22 06:45:49 UTC 2009

Don Cohen writes:

> I don't know what you mean by compiling code "to the jvm".
> Code is anything that can be interpreted by some interpreter and comes
> in many forms.  There are even many different forms of byte code.

The most interesting aspect of ABCL is that it can compile Lisp to JVM
in a fashion that allows (fsvo) arbitrary intermixture between Java and
Lisp,i.e. Java sees Lisp as Java, Lisp sees Java as Lisp. A natural
intermixture, no ffi involved. Hence, ABCL can not fence in itself in a
closed world as you seem to suggest.

  -T.