[armedbear-devel] Build problem

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Sep 20 07:56:43 UTC 2009

On 9/18/09 10:05 PM, Paul wrote:
> Can anybody help with this build problem? I'm on MACOSX 10.5.8 trying
> to build from SVN, which I updated a few minutes ago.
[…]
>       [javac] Compiling 268 source files to /Users/pdo/Lisp/ABCL/build/
> classes
[…]
> abcl.compile.lisp:
>        [java] Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.15.0

[…]

It doesn't look like you are compiling from [SVN HEAD][1], as it should
report "Armed Bear Common Lisp 0.17.0-dev" as of a couple weeks ago.  If
your intention is to build the latest ABCL, I think you need to pull the
correct source.  If you are trying to build an older version of ABCL,
could you supply the URI you are using to build the source?

The only other piece of advice might be that OS X has sometimes
non-obvious character case folding rules.  You might want to try
renaming 'ABCL' to 'abcl' to see if that helps anything out.

I use OS X as my primary development environment for ABCL, so its not
like you are trying to build on some sort of exotic enviroment.

[1]: svn://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear/svn/trunk/abcl