[armedbear-devel] [FIXED?] Bug: Attempt to GO to a tag whose extent has ended quits ABCL

Peter Graves peter at armedbear.org
Fri Sep 18 17:18:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 at 18:11:58 +0200, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> I don't know why there's EVAL, and a separate INTERACTIVE-EVAL. Perhaps
> Peter Graves can comment about this.

INTERACTIVE-EVAL is a wrapper of EVAL used in implementing the REPL. It
does two things: (1) sets *, **, etc., and (2) is a last-chance catcher
of exceptions.

Clearly you don't want the overhead of (1) in EVAL.

And I don't think you want EVAL to be a last-chance catcher of
exceptions, since you do want (EVAL '(+ 'FOO)) to signal an
error.

Maybe Interpreter.run() should be the last-chance catcher.

-Peter