[armedbear-devel] asdf regression

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Sep 10 12:07:19 UTC 2009

On 9/10/09 1:43 PM, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Mark Evenson<evenson at panix.com>:
>> After a bit more analysis on my part, the problem isn't the method
>> declaration, but rather the call to MAKE-INSTANCE (which makes more sense as
>> [r12067][1] modifies CHECK-INITARGS:
>
> I'll have to take another look at this. I remember that I specifically
> tested asdf with
> a :verbose t parameter.

It looks like asdf.lisp is a pathological case as it includes at line 508:

(defmethod shared-initialize :after ((operation operation) slot-names
                                      &key force
                                      &allow-other-keys)
   (declare (ignore slot-names force))
   ;; empty method to disable initarg validity checking
   )

which if I disable this form before evaluation in SBCL, returns the same
error as ABCL.  So, this has more to do with the way we are invoking and
interpreting the various generic functions in MAKE-INSTANCE, then
problems with CHECK-INITARGS.  Looking through SBCL is somewhat
instructive, but confusing as well.