[armedbear-devel] [ANN] Snow 0.1 released - GUI library for ABCL

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:58:43 UTC 2009

Greetings everyone,

I am pleased to announce the first public release of my "Snow"
library, available at
http://alessiostalla.altervista.org/software/snow/index.php

It is a declarative DSL for creating GUIs (Swing-only for now) built
on ABCL 0.16. It supports Cells by Ken Tilton and MiG Layout (a
declarative, CSS-like layout manager for Swing and SWT).
As a bonus, Snow includes the GUI versions of ABCL's inspector,
debugger and REPL.

Snow is to be considered alpha quality. In particular, % of Swing
supported is ridiculously small, and little testing has been
performed.

If you feel brave enough to play with it, let me know about your experience.

Cheers,
Alessio