[armedbear-devel] [armedbear-cvs] r12153 - trunk/abcl/src/org/armedbear/lisp

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Oct 6 06:19:34 UTC 2009

On 10/5/09 11:44 PM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
[…]

> This hunk causes "havoc" with the command line interface where people
> select the "go to toplevel" restart.

I don't think it was that way with the initial change, but after your
subsequent work with the lower level infrastructure it definitely should
be reverted.

> I think this is the major change in this commit? If I want to revert
> this bit, do I have to revert the rest too, or are those just
> improvements on what was already there?

Correct, the addition of the 'throw' was the only real functional
change.  The rest are just changes to cause errors to go through the
interface in the 'Debug' class, with the idea being that it would be
good for all exceptions for which we do nothing more than print
diagnostics, we should at least pass through a common interface so that
in the future we can either shunt/disable the reported stacktraces.
Additionally, this allows one to set method breakpoints in a JVM
debugger to examine these stacktraces when they are thrown, which was
helpful in looking at the Go problem.

Please revert the throw when you get a chance.  If I have time later
today, I'll do it myself (but it looks like a busy day at work).