[armedbear-devel] symbol-macrolet bug

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 04:39:46 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I've been quite stoked to watch the surge of activity on
armedbear in the last few months. Keep up the good
work guys!

My reason for this email is:

If I type the following at the REPL, or load from a file (that's
how I discovered this), I get an error in abcl-0.16.0. Regardless
of mode (REPL. load file, with or without eval-when), I always get
an error. It's that load-time-value causing trouble, I believe...

(defun test ()
  (symbol-macrolet ((ii (load-time-value 45)))
    ii))

(test)

#+nil ;; uncomment for alternative test
(eval-when (:load-toplevel :execute)
  (test))

The symbol-macro seems to have disappeared for some reason...

Debugger invoked on condition of type UNBOUND-VARIABLE:
  The variable II is unbound.
Restarts:
  0: TOP-LEVEL Return to top level.
[1] CL-USER(78):

Apologies if this is a well known bug. Thank you!