[armedbear-devel] Focusing 0.18 efforts

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:46:57 UTC 2009

Hi Alan,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Alan Ruttenberg
<alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't remember whether unicode strings have come up. What's the status of this?

Well, I guess they didn't: I didn't know (until you asked the
question) how Java internally encodes Unicode. So, what I didn't know
is that Java supports "supplementary characters"  [characters outside
the BMP].

I guess we have a need to implement "codepoint strings" or something
alike: a means to make sure every character in a string is actually a
full character.

Thanks for pointing this out. Yesterday after I sent this mail, I
realised we need a separate thread: "Beyond 0.18: determining the ABCL
roadmap". How about making this one of the things on our roadmap?

Regards,

Erik.