[armedbear-devel] Focusing 0.18 efforts

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:17:22 UTC 2009

Today, I branched for 0.17 (to be released soon), meaning that trunk
has become free for 0.18 development.

Personally, I found there are a number of items open any one of which
could become part of our 0.18 effort. These are the points I
identified:

* Investigate and improve startup performance
* CLOS conformance improvements (including define-method-combination support?)
* Cleanup of Load.java - which would allow loading compressed fasls off streams
* Gray stream compatibility finalization [we're 99% compatible, but
FUNDAMENTAL-STREAM should be recognized as a subtype of STREAM]
* Some random other stuff that comes along

Do you have your own, or opinions on the points I mentioned above?
Let's hear it!