[armedbear-devel] false-positive ansi tests

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jul 28 05:30:05 UTC 2009

On 7/28/09 12:42 AM, Peter Tsenter wrote:
[…]

> (disassemble (eval '(function (lambda (x y) (cons x y)))))
>
> returns the following
>
> ; 'jad' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> ; operable program or batch file.
> NIL

ABCL depends on the presence of ['jad'][1] in its PATH to work, using
the external binary to disassemble the Java bytecode.  If one were
officially keeping score for the ANSI tests, we might lose to the judges
on whether we pass this test.  This interaction should certainly be
better documented.

[1]: http://www.varaneckas.com/jad

[Note to ABCL developers]

Perhaps we should attempt to default to using 'javap' if Jad is not
found?  The problem with this is that a JDK might not always be present,
so this isn't a failproof solution either.

And 'jad' looks like it is eventually going to go away, as the author
who never released the source, has stopped distributing binaries (the
above link is to a "mirror").