[armedbear-devel] [RFC] Support for 'synchronized' blocks in Lisp code

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:10:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Marco Antoniotti<marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> Also, please do not make the EXT package a kitchen sink.
> Java thought us to (at least) try to separate things in appropriate
> namespaces.  Choose a special threading-related package name where
> these thing should be put.

This is very sensible. We should also move to this package all the
thread-related stuff that's currently in EXT, and probably make EXT
:use the new package for a while to avoid breaking existing code,
while deprecating the use of EXT for multithreading stuff.

(this makes me think that I added my little GUI stuff to EXT, too ;)
when I manage to include more GUI code, I'll switch to a GUI-dedicated
package).

Bye,
Alessio