[armedbear-devel] eol-style problem with abcl-src-0.15.tar.gz

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Aug 25 09:16:29 UTC 2009

Somehow we seemed to have shipped [the abcl-0.15.0 source][1] with a
CR+LF file-ending for 'abcl.in', which means when built under a 'NIX one
gets the slightly mysterious message "#!/bin/sh -- interpreter not
found.  It is slightly surprising that we haven't gotten more complaints
on this (or maybe everyone builds from SVN?).

The svn:eol-style is now set to 'LF' in SVN for 'abcl.in', which does
the "right thing" when building the source tar balls, so abcl-0.16
should be ok, as long as whoever builds the release doesn't somehow
override this is local SVN settings

Looking through the SVN log for metadata changes to 'abcl.in' doesn't
seem to report anything.  Maybe there is somehow to report metadata
changes, but I don't see how to do this quickly.

We have the currently unused ability to fix line endings in the relevant
Ant targets.  Maybe I should revisit them?  If so, what would be the
correct policy?

[1]: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/armedbear-j/abc/abcl-src-0.15.0.tgz