[armedbear-devel] New Java/Lisp stack frame distinction committed to trunk

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Wed Aug 19 17:01:02 UTC 2009

Mark Evenson writes:

> When 0.16 comes out the door, and FreeBSD (and others?) updates its
> port, I'll remove the compatibility code.  Right now we have to support
> at least abcl-0.15.   Does that satisfy your concerns?  I would like to
> keep SLIME HEAD working with ABCL HEAD, but maybe you wish to do this
> just with patches back and forth?

Well, if you do the maintaining, I surely don't have a problem with
that. For example, supporting up to the previous release sounds
reasonably, but I think it could get unwiedly to keep track what changes
can be got rid of with the time.

In this instance, it's just that people who want to use Slime and ABCL
should really upgrade ASAP.

That said, please get the release out the door even in absence of
Erik. It's a good thing to have more than one people who can roll out
releases. :-)

  -T.