[araneida-devel] host header

Johan Ur Riise johan at riise-data.no
Wed Sep 20 00:14:13 UTC 2006

I have built an application with Araneida and it rocks.

My problem:
When I install a handler, I also give a host name

like this:

(defparameter *autotest-web-url*
  (make-url :scheme "http" :host "lark.bg.axxessit.no" :port 80))

(defparameter *listener*
  (make-instance  'threaded-http-listener
		  :default-hostname "lark.bg.axxessit.no"
		  :port 8000))

(install-handler (http-listener-handler *listener*)
   (make-instance 'show-test-handler)
   (merge-url *autotest-web-url* "/show-test") nil)

(Yes, I did a trick with netfilter/iptables to forward port 80 so I can
run Araneida under a normal user. But the problem would surface anyway)

If my browser sends a different Host: -header, Araneida does not find a
suitable handler. This happens if I use http://localhost/... or the
short http://lark/... , and also when i use local forwarding via
ssh from another machine (http://localhost:2080/...) Currently I
install another handler for this (ahh, just saw that I can use the
same handler and install it twice (thanks for letting me write this...))

Anyway, is there a better way? Can I specify a set of names, or just
let Araneida ignore the hostname and port?

--
Hilsen
Johan Ur Riise