[Antik-devel] CFFI release 0.11.0

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun Mar 3 23:12:42 UTC 2013

CFFI 0.11.0 was released last week.  This includes cffi-libffi, which
makes FSBV obsolete.  The new versions of Antik and GSLL now use
cffi-libffi instead of FSBV.  For most users of these systems, this is
an internal detail and unimportant.  However, for the past 6 months at
least, I have been using and updating these versions and not the FSBV
version.  So, with these branches merged into the master branch, a
number of patches and fixes have made there way into the master
branch.   I expect in the March update to quicklisp, all these changes
will be in the new dist.

Waiting for CFFI to be finalized blocked a number of projects.  One is
to split up Antik into different systems instead of making one system
that loads everything (grid, physical quantities, etc.).  Another is
dataflow definitions (and coordination with org-mode) that I am just
starting on.  In GSLL, I've started to look at the definition of
physical constants.  I don't know when I'll have time to work on these
or when they'll be complete, but I'll update when I have something.

Liam