[cl-bench]

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Wed Feb 17 07:20:44 UTC 2016

Raymond Toy writes:

>     Daniel> Raymond Toy writes:
>
>     >>>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Kochma <Daniel> writes:
>     >>
>     Daniel> Dear all,
>     Daniel> I've imported cl-bench from common-lisp.net svn repository as an
>     Daniel> additional repository of the ansi-test project. I'm fixing now a few
>     Daniel> issues with ECL benchmarking.
>     >>
>     Daniel> I think, that benchmarks are part of the tests. I hope nobody mind I did
>     Daniel> that? https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/ansi-test/cl-bench
>     >>
>     >> What's the purpose of having cl-bench be a part of ansi-test?
>
>     Daniel> ansi-test, as a repository is separate. Adding cl-bench to the gitlab
>     Daniel> project ansi-test is motivated by the fact, that it's a package for
>     Daniel> testing the speed.
>
>     Daniel> I think that it would be a nice idea to gather tools useful for CL
>     Daniel> implementations in one place and maintain them.
>
> Yes, it would be nice to have an official repo of these tools.
>
> Putting cl-bench under ansi-test seems a bit odd.  A cl-tools project
> would seem a better fit.
>
> Other than the naming, I don't really have any objections to this, but
> I think names do matter.

Yes, I agree. What about cl-impl-helpers?
(lisp-implementation-support-packages would be unfortunately amgitous
name due to it's acronym). I think it's truthly Common Lisp specific,
hence he CL prefix. Or maybe something better name?

Eric, is it possible to rename the gitlab project while preserving
ansi-tests webpage, or making the redirection from it to the new one?
What is your opinion on this?

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Poznań, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi